CloneDVD Mobile hangs or closes after selecting a disc
I’ve been running into this for months and it’s been driving me mental. FINALLY, I found a way to make the problem go away.
What happens is this, CloneDVD Mobile starts and you select the source disc. As soon as it starts to read the contents the program hangs or crashes. It happens with every disc or ISO image. You can rip a disc with CloneDVD no problem, but DVD Mobile soils itself and locks up every time.
After months of dealing with the problem I found this article. I don’t know why it’s so hard to find, but it is. I had to implement steps 1, 3 and 5 to get CloneDVD Mobile working again. Like I said before, I got it working just in time to not use it. But here you go, here’s how to make CloneDVD Mobile work again.
This thread is a short-list of all actions known to resolve the "crash" issue, which can appear in one of several ways:
1. CloneDVD mobile simply closes the moment you select the VIDEO_TS folder
2. The selection works but Windows announces it has a problem and must close the program
We have been chasing after this problem for years and no matter what we do we can not duplicate it in our lab.
The error can occur on all Windows platforms but seems to be more prevalent on Windows 7.
Perform these actions to recover CloneDVD mobile for the DVD process:
1. If you have "RoboForm" running: CTRL-ALT-DEL, open Task Manager "processes", locate the process for "Roboform" and right click/end it.
For version 7 RoboForm we have feedback that you can add "CloneDVDMobile.exe" to the blacklist under "applications integration" under "options" in RoboForm and that fixes the problem.
2. For Windows 7: Shut down "Side bars" if they are active.
3. For Windows 7: Right click the CloneDVD mobile program icon and open "properties". Select "Compatibility" and set this for VISTA SP1.
Feedback tells us this setting may need to be XP service pack 3 mode but normally going back one version should work.
4. Also for Windows 7 if "3" does not help: Right click the shortcut icon on the Desktop, select "troubleshoot compatibility" and let Windows pick the better setting.
5. Stop any "Tablet" services (e.g. "Wacom"),"Tablet Input Services" running when you process with CloneDVD mobile
6. If the "must close" error occurs, Windows may offer to fix (cough, cough) it and offer a "compatibility" repair or "troubleshoot compatibility". Select that.
This often allows CloneDVD mobile to get off the system’s problem radar.
Other articles of interest:
- Converting DVD to MP4
- Roboform on Ubuntu – And on sale
- How to play Blu-Ray discs with VLC Media Player
- Converting my DVDs to a Digital Library
- Ubuntu in Virtualbox
- RoboForm Pro v7 50% off–$14.95
- Copy files faster with TeraCopy
- Not everything is different between Windows and Mac
- IRemoteDesktop, a nice RDP client
- Yet another reason to dislike Windows 7