Quitter is an app I discovered several months ago and it has proven to be extremely useful. Quitter is an app that hides or quits app you are no longer using. During a typical day I have dozens of applications open like Katalon, SQL Pro, CodeRunner, the App Store, SnagIt, FreeDownloadManger and plenty of others.
Truth is though, I don’t need them open all the time. That is both distracting and a waste of resources. Sure, I have plenty of memory, but why keep programs open when I’m not actually using them?
That’s where Quitter comes in. After an app sat idle for a configured amount of time, it gets closed. This frees up the Dock, releases memory, and keeps things tidy. It’s a very handy app and it’s main goal is to keep you focused on the apps you’re really using and closing out the other distractions.
Other articles of interest:
- 2Do for Task Management
- A shortcut to your applications with Fiplab Shortcut Bar
- Building a Development Environment
- Adding Skim to the Efficiency Toolbelt
- PCDecrapifier to help clean out your system
- Switching from Windows to Mac OS – The Hardware
- Windows Live Writer 2011
- Baby Gaming Rig gets Liquid Cooling and an 8-core brain
- Building up 4.5TB of storage
- Time to download Win7 RC