As part of my switchover to macOS, I’ve been looking for a disk recovery tool. For Windows, I’ve got EaseUS Disk Recovery and Recover My Files. These have served me well and Recover My Files recovered tens of gigs worth of data from an external drive fiasco.
Now that I’m using macOS, I’ve got TimeMachine as a backup tool and have been looking for full file recovery. Disk Drill comes up time and time again as a tool of choice and it’s now on sale for 70% off, including Lifetime License.
I haven’t had need of Disk Drill’s services yet, so this is a preventative purchase. But this is a solid deal and it’s worth the small investment now, rather than full price later should things go awry.
I will say, I have Disk Drill running to take advantage of the SMART monitoring. I have a couple of drives in this Mac, and want to make sure nothing happens to them. So far, all is running well.
The discounted version is available on BitsDuJour and the license key is immediate. I’ve been watching for a sale, so it looks like Black Friday is at hand.
Other articles of interest:
- Switching from Windows to Mac OS – The Reason
- Ashampoo WinOptimizer 7 license key for free
- Advanced Uninstaller Pro 10.1 for $12 (70% discount)
- And then there was a catastrophic hard drive failure
- O&O UnErase 6 for Free
- Time to cool the engines – Liquid Cooling for my CPU
- Scriver for Mac/Win 50% Off, Scapple for Mac/win 40% Off
- Swooped in and grabbed a copy of Outline for Mac for $6.99
- A massive undertaking to organize my files
- Out of OneNote and into Notebooks with Scrivner