TextSoap 8 on Bundlehunt
If you are the type of person that needs to handle a lot of Find/Replace functions, or parse through logs, or strip extraneous characters from text taken from the web, TextSoap 8 should make a great tool in your arsenal.
I just picked it up the other day from Bundlehunt for the super low price of $5 and I've already done a fair bit of text parsing.
TextSoap comes with literally hundreds of pre-made actions to strip out extraneous text or even add text blocks back in.
For example, you can add the HEAD, H1, and other block markers. Remove all the tags from some HTML source code. Convert to Lowercase/Uppercase. Wrap text at a specific column number. Remove Whitespace and Carriage Returns. Remove extra space. Change formatting styles. Parse text with RegEx.
And if that wasn't enough, you can always build your own "Cleaner."
I've already run through several conversions to strip away HTML, remove characters and get plain text from formatted text. For the $5, it is absolutely worth grabbing now.
Other articles of interest:
- You really need to get TextSoap from Bundlehunt
- Parsing Strings in Katalon – Split, Substring and Readlines
- One ReplaceAll Statement to Rule Them All!
- Stripping away characters with ReplaceAll in Katalon Studio
- Improve your writing with TextSoap
- Inserting and Appending Text with TextSoap
- Formatting Execution Times with TextSoap
- Photo Import feature of Windows 7 sucks
- Checking to see if search results contain the search criteria
- Advanced Uninstaller Pro 10.1 for $12 (70% discount)