Pocket City – A great little city builder for Mac
I was a huge fan of Simcity 2000. I thought Simcity 3 was quite enjoyable. Then the music stopped and I skipped all the subsequent versions. But with Pocket City on the scene, I can now experience the same joy of city building.
Pocket City is a new game I just picked up over the weekend. And once I got started, I invested several hours into the venture. It has all the game play elements that made Simcity great. You set up residential, commercial and industrial zones. You need to play fire and police stations. To keep citizens healthy, hospitals need to be placed. To keep it all feed and watered, power stations and water towers need to go in. And things keep building from there.
I love the style of the game. The UI is easy to understand. There are the advisors to help you build and plan. If you miss the old days of Simcity, Pocket City needs to be added to your collection. And for $3.99, it’s a steal!!
A whirlwind of doom and gloom comes for my little city
Well, didn’t see this one coming
Other articles of interest:
- Banished on sale for $5.99 on Steam
- I Am Black Death – Plague Inc
- 0AD – Open Source Age of Empires – Wait, what?
- Windward – Capturing Towns, Hunting Pirates, Ferrying Passengers, Selling Goods, Building Lighthouses – All in a Days Work
- Behind the wheel with Zombie Driver Mission 11
- 40% off for Crime City and tons of apps for sale
- Wyndsor Airport Limited Time Building (LTB) – Building Payout and Upgrade Cost – Crime City
- Product launches go better when you have power
- Ember by N-Fusion Interactive – A game inspired by Ultima
- Tree Lot Limited Time Building (LTB) – Building Payout and Upgrade Cost – Crime City