Super Slim USB 3.0 hub by HooToo
As I was reconfiguring my Mac, I realized I would be well to do with a small USB hub. Nothing fancy, I just need to open up a few ports. I struck gold with a super cool hub by HooToo. It’s incredibly thin and offers 4 USB 3.0 ports. Funny thing is, when I bought it, I didn’t even pay attention to that part and thought they were the standard USB 2.0 hubs. Imagine my surprise.
On the surface, there is nothing truly amazing about this hub. However, it’s small, light, has 4 ports, is USB 3, and costs less than $10. That is a heck of a deal. So much so, I bought a second one. It’s a spare for now, but you never know when it will be pressed into service.
This rascal is great and doesn’t need a power supply. I think that’s what threw me off about it being USB 3. But if you need a small hub for keyboards, mice, thumbdrives or an external drive, this will help you out.
Other articles of interest:
- Seagate 4 TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive $139 Today Only
- Launching the Shuttle SH67H3
- Time to buy a new UPS
- Wireless antenna the size of a thumbnail
- 8TB and counting
- Here is my drive cluster
- Another UPS bites the dust
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is a long time in coming…
- A Netbook, Ubuntu and a USB Drive – Installing Ubuntu from a USB
- 16TB and all’s well!