Speaking of games to avoid – Racecraft – back in Early Access – again
For those that got shafted on Victory: Age of Racing, a game utterly abandoned by the development team, Vae Victis Games are back to give it another go with a completely different game – Racecraft. Only it’s the same game. The one they claim they wanted to make the first time around. Except they didn’t it make, took their toys and went home. But they mean it this time.
Racecraft has just hit Early Access, and even though the dev team offered keys to those who purchased their previous flop, there is no reason to believe in this game or offer this team your support.
They already have a 100% abandon rate and their other title is still available on Steam, although it is free to play their half baked never to be completed effort.
It’s perfectly fine to admit you went the wrong direction with the game, ask for time to regroup and then come back fighting. But to drop it and then make another racing game is piss poor. Then to put your second attempt into Early Access so you can get more money before you more than likely abandon the title is shameful. In fact, Vae Victis Games should be banned from Steam.
There is no reason to believe this team can actually complete a game. It’s been nearly two years since Victory was started and now they go to Early Access again? This stupid game should be finished with the amount of time they’ve had. It’s not even close to being done and looks to be nothing more than another damn tech demo. So it’s another year of Early Access and taking money from players only to say, “Oops, this isn’t quite the game we wanted to make, we’ll be back in a couple of years with the real version.”
This sort of crap is happening way too often on Steam.
Like I said, I already have a free copy, but I see no reason to support this team. And from the reviews and the anemic features they’re offering, this is another pile of crap. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Other articles of interest:
- Time for Steam to clean up Early Access
- A few thoughts on Early Access and Kickstarter Projects
- DiRT Rally by Codemasters on Steam Early Access
- Two weeks left to fund Underworld Ascendant. Over 75% funded so far.
- Dirt 3 Complete Edition without GFWL and an endurance run in Grid Autosport
- Check out the real life mud flinging between Dev and Publisher for SpinTires
- Rocket League – Making it to the playoffs in the first season
- A closer look at SpinTires
- Improving Game Performance with DimmDrive
- Finally scored big with the Nipah Virus in Plague Inc