24 Hours to go in Underworld Ascendant. Lizardmen raised, sights set on Companion Creatures Stretch Goal.
Oh my goodness, will you look at this? Whilst I slumbered, the total goal for Underworld Ascendant has passed through the Lizardmen stretch goal and is working it’s way to toward Companion Creatures. This is phenomenal news! But there is an exciting prize halfway to the finish line of the next stretch goal. It looks like Enhanced Music and an titillating new area called the Necrotic Graveyard is at our fingertips. I mean, who doesn’t want to go into the Underworld and pay a visit to the Necrotic Graveyard? What could possibly go wrong in a place like that? I’m sure it’s a lovely place to sit a spell and contemplate the adventures of the day. If there is a day, it is the Underworld after all.
I have to admit, things looked a little sluggish in those early days. Underworld burst onto the scene, then like most projects hit the middle lull. Oh but It’s full steam ahead now! Lots of new backers have come on board and multiple stretch goals have been unlocked.
I think we’re looking at an incredibly exciting game here. I know I keep going back to it, but this reminds me of the excitement I felt over getting and playing the original Diablo. That single player game was absolutely stunning! I was amazed at the graphics, the music, the atmosphere and all the exploration and creatures. Look back, that seems like a minor experience compared to what’s coming in the Underworld.
With the Companion Creature feature added to the game, players will be able to have a faithful little buddy tag along on their adventures. Companions might be useful in a fight, or in boosting skills and abilities, but they can also help the player in other unexpected ways.
Enhanced Music is also part of this Stretch Goal. The music of the original Underworld games are memorable even to this day, and now we will be able to create music to inspire the next generation of CRPG gamers!
In addition when we get to $775,000, halfway through the Stretch Goal, we will build in the Stygian Abyss a new area, the Necrotic Graveyard. This dark and foreboding locale seems to hold an allure for the various monsters and creatures of the Stygian Abyss who, upon arriving at the graveyard, pass away only to be reanimated as the undead.
Other articles of interest:
- 48 Hours left for Underworld Ascendant – Tracy Hickman novel obtained, within reach of the Lizardmen
- Two weeks left to fund Underworld Ascendant. Over 75% funded so far.
- Windward – Catching up on my pirate activities. Sinking ships and looting booty
- A few thoughts on Early Access and Kickstarter Projects
- Banished on sale for $5.99 on Steam
- Betrayer – A First Person Action Adventure with Ghosts, Skeletons and quite possibly, the Undead
- Rocket League – Making it to the playoffs in the first season
- Windward – Capturing Towns, Hunting Pirates, Ferrying Passengers, Selling Goods, Building Lighthouses – All in a Days Work
- Ember – An RPG that pays tribute to games like Ultima and Diablo
- Hand of Fate – Quick Review