Kickstarter for Underworld Ascendant is on Now!
A new Kickstarter project has come up and I think it’s well worth supporting. I’m a huge fan of the Ultima series and am a current backer of Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues which is turning into an awesome game with great features and lots of exciting content. I supported that project over a year ago and we are now at the state where the Early Access edition is up and running nearly 24×7.
The fun continues as a new team is poised to resurrect Ultima Underworld. And while this is being done by a different team than Shroud of the Avatar, they worked together on Ultima and have plans to have some tie-ins with each other. This will be akin to the original Ultima series in that it will be a true adventure game and dedicate itself to being an MMO.
I’m really excited about this project and have already pledged my support. If you’re an adventure fan you should check it out and put in a few dollars. The game will be severely discount during Kickstarter. The game looks fun and the Otherside Entertainment team certainly knows what their doing.
In 1992, Ultima Underworld changed the rules of what a fantasy RPG could be. It introduced the concept of 3D immersion, a player-authored experience, and a richly dynamic world to explore. Its influence led to a whole generation of games such as Thief, Deus Ex, BioShock, Skyrim, and Dragon Age.
Underworld has been hidden away in the deepest vaults of its publisher for two decades. Only now have the original creators unchained the franchise, freeing it to innovate yet again.
Backing the game grants you unprecedented front row access to the creation of the next epoch of this storied masterpiece, Underworld Ascendant. With your help, here’s a glimpse at what we can together build:
- Exquisitely Realized Underworld – Plunge into The Stygian Abyss: dark, ripe with dangers, full of ancient secrets to discover. A vast subterranean fantasy world made startlingly real and alive.
- Dynamic Factions – Become embroiled in an epic plot, as rival factions vie for dominance in struggles that ebb and flow across The Stygian Abyss. Your choices will alter the outcome in subtle and dramatic ways.
- Improvisation Engine – Delight in player-authored gameplay taken to a whole new level, with a suite of technologies that empower you to solve challenges with astonishing ingenuity. Be the ‘MacGyver’ of a fantasy world.
- Hero to Call Your Own – Jump right in as a Fighter, Thief or Mage. Then as your Avatar grows, freely mix and match across any skills to develop a unique hero, tailored to your style of play.
- Pushing Boundaries – Stretch Goals will innovate on co-op play with a friend; letting you build your own corner of The Stygian Abyss; and more.
Other articles of interest:
- Tune in for the 24 hour lockdown with the Lord British and the Shroud of the Avatar Devs
- The entire Ultima Collection is On Sale for 60% off at GOG.com (Good Old Games) – 3 Days Only!!
- Watching Shroud of the Avatar take shape
- Why does everything have to be multiplayer?
- New Stretch Goals Revealed for Shroud of the Avatar
- The 24 hour lockin continues and Shroud of the Avatar passes the $1.8M pledge mark!
- Shroud of the Mustache
- The final hour is at hand, Shroud of the Avatar Live Stream
- Just a week left to pledge support for Shroud of the Avatar
- Only 3 Hours Left for Dead Man’s Draw on Kickstarter