Two drives restored, three to go
So the fallout from my hard drive failure continues. So far, I’ve got 2 drives actually recovered with 3 more to go. The files are now being copied back to their original location and that is going to take a long time. Additionally, I need the other 5TB drive in order to keep going. I’ve used up all my spares so I can’t recover anything more at the moment. The original drives have been formatted and tested for errors and it will take 24+ hours to copy all the data back.
Everything is working quite nicely so far. Recover My Files has worked magic in getting my files back and I feel like I’m in the home stretch. The other drives are smaller, so the recovery time shouldn’t be nearly bad. Unfortunately, they also contain a slew of pictures that need to come back. I have full confidence it will work, but fingers crossed.
I have a whole new backup strategy to implement so hopefully I never run into this sort of thing again. I have O&O DiskImage for the system drives so I can do a complete restore there. And I have Recuva in case I delete files. But now I need actually back up the important or "this will take too long to copy back" files. Some of this will be to another hard drive and some will be to BD disks. Either way, I have to sift through hundreds of thousands of file to see if they’re worth a damn. Not an enviable task.
Other articles of interest:
- O&O DiskImage 11 Pro For Just US$ 10 – World Backup Day!
- Over 10 TB and 600,000 files recovered
- How do you recover 10TB worth of data from damaged partitions?
- It’s time to clone and backup my drives
- O&O DiskImage Pro 8.5 on Sale for $14
- Save 60% on everything during the O&O Cyber Monday Week
- The Binge and the Purge of the New Hard Drives
- O&O Spring Cleanup Bundle and Discount
- First Hand Experience With Piriform Recuva
- Converting A Physical Hard Drive To A Virtual Hard Disk