Time to get some road rash in Road Redemption
In my want for blatant vehicle destruction, I took a spin with Road Redemption, another Early Access title that harkens back to the games of old. Remember the chain-wielding, pipe swinging, boot kicking days of Road Rash? Road Redemption will put you back in that mindset.
This is another title that will have you cackling wildly and yelling at the monitor as you work to take down your opponents while keeping out of reach so you don’t take a drain pipe to the head.
This is in no way a motorcycle or racing simulator. This ain’t MotoGP baby! What you do get is a wild ride through the countryside with a bunch of other hooligans while you use whatever means are at your disposal to put yourself in first place. Forget about rules. Forget about playing fair. Forget about that cop that wants to pull you over. That is for the weak!
This is another Early Access title, which of course means anything and everything is subject to change. If you’re looking for a wild ride then this should fit the bill. There are multiple stages, multiple opponents, but don’t get too hung up on having a career mode just yet. All in good time. You’ll still have a great time putting other people in the ground and doing your best to avoid the oncoming shack because you’ve been thrown off course from the latest attack. There is plenty of fun to be had in the early edition and like so many of the other games out there, it’s only going to get better with time. If you want something a little different in your racing adventures, give Road Redemption a try! And it’s on sale.
Other articles of interest:
- Whips and Chains and Motorcycle Racing in Road Redemption
- Next Car Game: Wreckfest
- Let’s Take Another Spin Around the Track in Next Car Game
- More Steam Early Access Titles – The Forest and Killing Floor
- Let’s Go For a Spin Around the Island in BeamNG Drive
- When it comes to Kickstarter and Early Access games, stop being cheap
- Life is Feudal?
- Let’s Take a Drive in Turbo Dismount
- BeamNG Drive Comes to Steam
- Plague Inc comes to the Desktop via Steam and Early Access