Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons not visible in Firefox with WindowBlinds
I’m setting up a new machine and have Firefox 33 installed with WindowBlinds 8. Problem is, the TitleBar goes transparent and the Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons all disappear for the application. Sometimes when you hover over them the button appears for a moment, but it won’t stay there. Even if you add an Exception inside WindowBlinds the problem is still there.
This is an issue I’ve run into a couple a times and it’s so stupidly annoying. However, there is a simple fix.
In Firefox, right-click near the Address bar and click Customize. You can also click View -> Toolbars -> Customize
At the bottom of the screen and over to the left, click the Title Bar button
Click Exit Customize and the buttons will now appear correctly
You can also try changing the Browser Theme to something other than the default. Changing this around also seems to fix some issues with Tab transparency.
Other articles of interest:
- Issues with Norton Internet Security 2014 Toolbar and Firefox 27 Update
- Installing Flash Player for FireFox under Windows 8
- Why Firefox? Why do you have to look like Chrome?
- Run CCleaner on a schedule through Windows Task Scheduler
- Disable the Quicken 2012 Registration Prompt
- How to configure a Web Server within VirtualBox
- Adding Ghostery to my list of Privacy Tools
- XYplorer Lifetime License Pro on Sale at BitsDuJour
- DisplayFusion – On Sale and On Steam
- Making and Burning ISOs on the cheap and easy with ImgBurn, VirtualCloneDrive and Daemon Tools Lite