A new business "Sim" in Steam Early Access – Arms Dealer
I just saw there was a new game in Steam Early Access – Arms Dealer. It literally showed up last night and it has my interest. It’s a sim style game with a slightly different edge. Your goal is to build up your business, forge relationships and take out your competitors. Catch is, you’re a high level arms dealer and you need to stay one step ahead of the various government agencies out to stop your nefarious deeds. From what I can tell from the screenshots and promo video, you’re out to arm small factions, equip large armies and even help supply munitions to the underdog in a military conflict. This alone sounds quite exciting and new. I’m definitely up for something a little more devious than the standard has to offer.
The graphics look pretty neat and it all looks pretty straight forward. It’s still Early Access and from the reviews a few things could use some updates and changes. But that’s the fun of Early Access, right? Even the dev says the game is about 85% done with more work to come.
The reviews seem mostly positive, so I’m right on the fence as to whether or not I want to jump in. I really like the concept and I’m fine with playing a game that may not be complete, may need some fit and polish and may have some awkward moments. Nothing wrong with that.
I’m going to check out a few more reviews and maybe see what I can find on Youtube before making a purchase. I’ve never had any issues with Early Access game so far, and I have several of them, so I’m sure this will be in my collection before the day is out. The only reason I’m waiting, is because it just showed up this morning and I haven’t had the time to sort through the info. It’s only $13, but no need to throw money away, right?
If anyone has thoughts or comments, feel free to throw them out.
Other articles of interest:
- Plague Inc comes to the Desktop via Steam and Early Access
- Save 33% on Assetto Corsa on Steam – $26.65
- Life is Feudal?
- When it comes to Kickstarter and Early Access games, stop being cheap
- Let’s Get Dirty in SpinTires!
- More Steam Early Access Titles – The Forest and Killing Floor
- Let’s Take a Spin in Next Car Game – the Early Access Preview Available From Steam
- Besiege – medieval siege engines to lay waste to immense fortresses and peaceful hamlets
- Time to get some road rash in Road Redemption
- BeamNG Drive Comes to Steam