BeamNG Drive Comes to Steam
It’s been a long time coming, but BeamNG Drive has been given the Greenlight from Steam and will soon be available for Early Access purchase. If you bought the alpha builds through the BeamNG website you should get a Steam Key so that you can keep the game updated. This is really good news. Not only will the game stay updated, it means the devs have garnered enough support to really push this game to the next level.
If you’re not familiar with it, BeamNG Drive is a soft body physics game which is a fancy way of saying you beat the hell out of your vehicle and it will show and respond to the damage. The big fun of this game right now is to smash the stuffing out of your car or truck and watch the pieces fly in every direction as the body crumble like an empty beer can. There are some hilarious videos on YouTube showcases this destructive side of the game. My personal favorites involve the Mystery Machine going over the cliff or swerving down the road as though Fred is high as a kite.
So far the game has been a sandbox, but now that it’s hit the big leagues more and more features will be coming and I’m sure that will include some highly destructive racing. The placeholder for the game is already there so the ability to make a purchase should be here within a day or two.
Other articles of interest:
- Let’s Go For a Spin Around the Island in BeamNG Drive
- Need for Speed Series On Sale at Steam – Week Long Sale
- Rise of Nations Extended Edition Now Available on Steam
- Save 33% on Assetto Corsa on Steam – $26.65
- Some fun new titles hit the Steam Store while others go on Sale
- Let’s Play Zombie Driver HD!
- Next Car Game: Wreckfest
- A new business "Sim" in Steam Early Access – Arms Dealer
- Let’s Get Dirty in SpinTires!
- IMDisk Ram Drive and SteamTool Library Manager