Whips and Chains and Motorcycle Racing in Road Redemption
Do you remember the good old days of racing hell bent down the road with a lead pipe in your hand as you bash and kick you rivals in Road Rash? Do you remember it being just as important to crack your opponent in the skull as it was to reach the finish line? Do you remember weaving wildly back and forth only to smash headlong into a parked car? Do you remember that classic game that EA published back in 1995? One of the few motorcycle racing games that I’ve played and actually enjoyed. Ah yes, well those days are coming back in a new game called Road Redemption! Darkseas Games is bring to life what appears to be the spiritual successor to Road Rash with all the high speed, heavy booted fun we knew from many days past. The game has passed through a successful Kickstarted project and is now available as an Early Access beta. You can download it from the developer site and through Humble. It’s also been given the Greenlight from Steam so we should see it on there as well.
So far this looks to be a pretty sweet game. It has the same look and feel of the original which makes me pretty excited.
Check out this trailer and tell me it doesn’t put a smile on your face. You know you want to pull out that billy clud and beat your opponent into second place!
You can pick up a copy for $25, which is pretty good price. That gives you the early builds and of course the final version when it’s done. And while it doesn’t expressly list it, I’m sure you’ll be able to pass along some feedback to the devs.
Other articles of interest:
- Time to get some road rash in Road Redemption
- Some fun new titles hit the Steam Store while others go on Sale
- Life is Feudal?
- Let’s Get Dirty in SpinTires!
- It’s time to break out your wallets and head over to the Steam Holiday Sale
- A new business "Sim" in Steam Early Access – Arms Dealer
- Save 33% on Assetto Corsa on Steam – $26.65
- When it comes to Kickstarter and Early Access games, stop being cheap
- Looking for some racing fun? Steam Summer Sale has that covered too!
- BeamNG Drive Comes to Steam