I’ve now added Cattle to my list of livestock in Banished
I’ve been extremely busy in Banished trying my best to get enough resources to keep my little village moving. I’ve done a good job of getting wood and after stripping the earth for Stone and Iron, I took the big plunge and made a Quarry and an Iron Mine. Since the major commodity is stone and iron, I desperately need more of it. Of course, these are the two most dangerous occupations in the game so I fully expect people are going to get crushed and suffocated. Hopefully, I won’t lose too many citizens over it. But, I did manage to store enough iron and stone to buy cattle from the merchant. I started off with 3 chickens and I now have 19 in my pasture so I bought 3 cattle so I can raise a decent herd. I believe the cattle yields both beef and leather.
My population isn’t very high, but I feel I’m making significant progress in this game. I’ve managed to build a church, 2 schools, multiple houses, multiple logging cabins, hunting cabins and gatherer huts. I also have 2 quarries and 2 iron mines. My next big goal is to get a heft stockpile of resources so I can do some serious trading. I need seeds and I need some sheep. I want more farming and I need some orchards. Still on the list is the Town Hall. I have a lot of work to do in this little hamlet of mine. Perhaps one day I can achieve a staggering population of 100 people. Won’t that be something?
Other articles of interest:
- Mad Cow Disease runs rampant in the town of Banished
- It’s a banner day in Banished, I have chickens!
- Banished – It takes a village
- Banished – Starting life over in a strange new land
- Those Rise of Nations Just Keep on Rising
- Terraria on sale at Steam for a mere $2.49 – 75% off
- Big Savings on Banished and Democracy 3 at GOG.Com
- Besiege has been completed! Let the real building of mechanized death machines begin!
- When it comes to Kickstarter and Early Access games, stop being cheap
- Rise of Nations ended in a Hazy Shade of Nuclear Winter