Golden Spike Bicycle® Playing Cards
Since the comment was left, I decided to check out a new card deck on Kickstarter and it is indeed pretty cool. I’m a big fan of trains and history so it clearly has my interest. Here is a new deck called Golden Spike Bicycle® Playing Cards by Jody Eklund. I’ve bought several cards decks over the past few months and they are always fun to collect. These are one of a kind decks that won’t be available in any store you go to. If you want to get something unique this is the way to go. The Golden Spike deck looks quite nice and pays tribute to the golden age of rail.
Golden Spike Playing Cards are inspired by the completion of the 1st Transcontinental Railroad On May 10th, 1869. It was the first rail line that connected the east to the west and revolutionized transportation and commerce in a post Civil War United States. A Golden Spike was created as a commemorative piece to celebrate the completion of the 1st transcontinental railroad and was driven into the ground where the Union Pacific met the Central Pacific Railroad at Promontory Point, Utah. When the hammer rang out and the golden spike was driven into the ground, a new era of industry and expansion rang out across the United States.
Other articles of interest:
- Muertos – Day of the Dead Playing Cards
- Bicycle Mayhem Playing Cards deck by Cardicians
- Kickstarter Projects for People Who Like Card Games
- Get MADE! Mob-Themed USPCC BICYCLE® Playing Card Decks
- Only 3 Hours Left for Dead Man’s Draw on Kickstarter
- And now to celebrate
- Windows Phone 7 sales underwhelm
- Dead Man’s Draw Kickstarter Project
- Why does everything have to be multiplayer?
- 60 minutes and counting for Dead Man’s Draw