Some More Laps of Assetto Corsa in the Fiat 500
Since there was an update to Assetto Corsa I decided to take it for another spin around the track to see how I faired. This time I jumped behind the wheel of the Fiat 500 Arbath Edition and did my best to keep up with the pack and not send myself sailing off into the ditch. It didn’t all go according to plan. I still have some serious issues with cornering and braking. I can’t seem to get around the turns correctly and the amount of tire squeal is just about deafening. Even the Fiat, with it’s light weight and what I assume is pretty good handling, has no grip in the corners. It slides like it’s on the ice and I have to damn near come to a complete stop in order to make the turn. This just doesn’t seem right to me. Am doing something wrong here? I’m just not used to being so delicated with a car in the turns. I don’t see this in Grid, F1, The Run, or Next Car Game. Is this just something unique to Assetto Corsa or do the other games just take too many liberties?
Still, the game looks great and the catalog of cars is pretty impressive. If this is the way it drives then I’ll just have to get used to it. I really like the progession of this game. When it first came out and I all but ignored it, there was a single car on a single track. Now we have plenty of cars in the stable from the Fiat 500 to the Pagani Zonda and lots of courses to snake our way around. This is going to be one badass game when it’s done. I love Early Access!!!
Brother can ya spare a clue?
Other articles of interest:
- Save 33% on Assetto Corsa on Steam – $26.65
- My first day on the track with Assetto Corsa
- Time for a Lap in Next Car Game – Sandpit Showdown
- Assetto Corsa on Sale for 50% Off at Steam
- Behind the wheel of a fast automobile – Grid Autosport
- It’s time to break out your wallets and head over to the Steam Holiday Sale
- Anyone have experience with this new product called DimmDrive?
- Looking for some racing fun? Steam Summer Sale has that covered too!
- Next Car Game on Sale for Easter at Steam
- Looking for some racing action? Head over to Steam!