I’m Victorious in Need for Speed The Run!
Well my friends it’s a hot Friday night as I complete the final leg of Need for Speed The Run and go barreling into New York amidst a shower of sparks and twisted metal. It’s been one hell of a race across the country, but I managed to complete the 2800+ mile journey and take the win.
Wow! What a game! Despite the flaws, The Run has been an incredible amount of fun and the graphics looks really, really good. The total amount of racing has been 2+ hours, but in reality it’s taken me significantly longer to complete the journey. A lot of mistakes were made that resulted in hundreds of Resets to start the stage over again. But that’s been part of the fun. The courses have been a been a challenge without going over the top. Except of course for the end.
The final stage borders on the ridiculous as you not only weave in and out of New York traffic and thusly do your best to avoid dozens of taxi cabs, but you also end up in the subway tunnels doing your best to drive on the walls to avoid the oncoming train. I can’t say it’s not exciting, but seriously, that’s just a bit too far fetched even for an EA title.
My entire run consisted of 4 cars, the Datsun 240Z, the Porsche GT3, The Audi R10 and finally the Pagani Huayra that lead me to victory. Not the most robust collection, but it sure as hell got the job done.
Now that The Run is over it’s time to try the Challenge Series. That looks like it could be interesting. I still have to say that for less than $10, this has been one hell of a game. There is certainly some off behavior and not all the car physics makes sense, but if you’re looking to drive like a bat out of hell and want to waste a good amount of time behind the wheel of a ridiculously fast automobile, there’s a lot worse choices you can make.
I like The Run. It’s kept me entertained for hours and there is still quite a bit to play. It may not be a driving simulator, but it sure is exciting!
Other articles of interest:
- Need for Speed The Run – A Quick Review
- Some More Laps of Assetto Corsa in the Fiat 500
- Need for Speed Series On Sale at Steam – Week Long Sale
- More Racing Fun with Need for Speed On Sale at Amazon
- Dirt 2, Shadowplay, Sony Movie Studio and Car Crashes
- SpinTires now available on Steam
- Let’s Take Another Spin Around the Track in Next Car Game
- Let’s Go For a Spin Around the Island in BeamNG Drive
- It’s time to clone and backup my drives
- Dead Man’s Draw from Stardock Comes to the PC by way of Steam