Issues with Norton Internet Security 2014 Toolbar and Firefox 27 Update
The new version of Firefox was giving me grief about the Norton Toolbar plugin. It kept saying I needed an updated version yet NIS 2014 says it was up to date. I needed 2014.6.5.1. Turns out there was a bit more to the issue, but it’s easily fixed.
Right click the NIS icon and click Run LiveUpdate. Let it download any needed updates. It might look like it’s just downloading AV updates, but it’s doing more. It may take several minutes to run the update and install the patches. One of them took about 10 minutes and made my system look like it was hung.
I ran LiveUpdate 3 times before it grabbed the new Toolbar Update. I assume Check for New Version is looking for Major updates, while LiveUpdate is looking for the Minor ones.
If you run into the problem while updating Firefox, just keep hitting LiveUpdate. It should eventually sort itself out.
Other articles of interest:
- Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons not visible in Firefox with WindowBlinds
- 25% off Norton Internet Security 2012 or Norton 360 v6.0
- My machine is riddled with too many files! Who put all this junk in here?
- TuneUp Utilities 2013 – System Optimization Series
- Installing Flash Player for FireFox under Windows 8
- Why Firefox? Why do you have to look like Chrome?
- Building a Media Center with Audials One
- Why is Daemon Tools Lite triggering Norton Internet Security Anti-Virus?
- Let’s Check Out The New Update for Next Car Game – February Update
- AVG Internet Security 2014 Free Download with 1 Year Serial Key