Dead Man’s Draw from Stardock Comes to the PC by way of Steam
Stardock has just released a Windows based version of Dead Man’s Draw which they debuted on the iPad a few months ago. You can get the complete version with no in-app purchases all the Traits ready to play for $9.99 on Steam. I bought the iOS version and think it’s a brilliant game. The Traits and Tournaments make the game incredibly interesting with each player and their unique way to play. Also, trying to decide if it’s worth picking up the next card to improve your score or hit a combo can make for some nerve racking games.
When Stardock first released Dead Man’s Draw, I wondered whether it would come out as a PC game. Well, here’s the answer. They’re deliver the game on Steam and it’s only $9.99. It just released a couple of hours ago and I’m off to buy a copy.
How it Works
Players take turns drawing cards in search of the greatest number of points. The simple point values of each card are important, but their special abilities are even more critical. Swords steal cards from your opponent, Mystics reveal the next card, and combining a Chest with a Key leads to a huge bounty of bonus treasure. Clever use of each card’s special power leads to victory, but daring to draw is just as important – though any card could lead to a dramatic bust, it could also propel you to glory.
Traits and tournaments make every game of Dead Man’s Draw unique. Making your Cannon special ability discard an opponent’s entire suit instead of a single card alters the path to victory for both players. Special tournament rules like collecting the cards from your opponent’s busts force you to approach every turn differently. Dozens of tournaments each bring a unique twist, and each of the 18 traits has a profound effect on gameplay.
Upgraded for PC
The original Dead Man’s Draw on iOS was praised by users on iTunes (4.5-star average) and critics alike, getting positive reviews from QuarterToThree.com, 148apps.com, PocketTactics.com, and more. This PC version is better than ever:
- No microtransactions or in-app purchases – all content is available, and traits can be used without spending gold
- New Mermaid suit ability – Mermaids now allow you to replay a card in the river, leading to even bigger combos and epic turns
- New Sirens trait – Steal any card your opponent replays with a Mermaid
- Rebuilt for PC – Higher-resolution graphics and a UI specifically built for mouse-driven play
Other articles of interest:
- Flying High with Ace Patrol
- Rise of Nations Extended Edition Now Available on Steam
- Whips and Chains and Motorcycle Racing in Road Redemption
- Curse you power management!!
- Governor of Poker 2: Premium Edition on Sale for $5 (or maybe $2)
- It’s time to break out your wallets and head over to the Steam Holiday Sale
- SpinTires now available on Steam
- Some fun new titles hit the Steam Store while others go on Sale
- Stardock Discount Code – 50% Off – STARDOCK50
- Looking for some racing action? Head over to Steam!