Let’s Take a Spin in Next Car Game – the Early Access Preview Available From Steam
Next Car Game just hit Steam with a new playable demo and I literally just finished downloading it. This is more than just the Developer Preview we’ve seen before. Included in this revision are 2 tracks (gravel and tarmac) and a new demolition derby course. Previously we’ve had the Technology Preview, which was a playground full of toys where you could drive your car on some outrageous courses and watch the physics engine in motion. The Early Access version expands the game and offers a couple of real tracks and some hard banging competition.
The game reminds me of the old Destruction Derby 2 game from the DOS days. I played that using the old Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick. Not the Force Feedback model, the other one. It was an awesome game and back in the day watching a car take damage and feeling the driving ability change because the front wheels are smashed in was a thrilling experience. Next Car Game offers a lot of that same experience and then some. This game has a whole lot of potential and I’m looking forward to watching it develop. And speaking of Developers, Next Car Game is from the makers of the FlatOut series. Like other developers they want to make a new style of game and not be beholden to a publisher. You can buy the Early Access edition from Steam or from their website – and add on a few “extras” like special cars and your name in the credits.
Jump in the passengers seat with me as we try our luck on the demolition derby course and then take a spin on the included tracks. Our choice of car is a little limited, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t going to have some fun. This is some hard racing and the longer you survive the bigger target you have painted on the side of your car. Rubbin’ is Racing in every sense of the word in this demo! Let’s go for a ride and check it out!
Other articles of interest:
- Let’s Take Another Spin Around the Track in Next Car Game
- Time for a Lap in Next Car Game – Sandpit Showdown
- Next Car Game: Wreckfest
- Save 33% on Assetto Corsa on Steam – $26.65
- Let’s Get Dirty in SpinTires!
- Dirt Showdown on Sale for $7.49 at the Steam Flash Sale
- When it comes to Kickstarter and Early Access games, stop being cheap
- A new business "Sim" in Steam Early Access – Arms Dealer
- Looking for some racing fun? Steam Summer Sale has that covered too!
- Let’s Go For a Spin Around the Island in BeamNG Drive