Let’s Take a Drive in Euro Truck Simulator
Hop on board as I go for a drive in Euro Truck Simulator. We hit the open road, a road sign or two, fail to yield, get busted for speeding, make some inappropriate lane changes, cut off a driver or two and make a wicked left hand turn that ultimately leads to disaster. It’s a beautiful day in Europe and we have deliveries to make! Let’s go for a drive!
So this is my first behind the wheel of a large automobile, a truck to be precise. Euro Truck Simulator is a game I picked up during the Steam Sale because driving a big rig across the European countryside sounds incredibly appealing. The goal is build up a trucking company, first by taking jobs and then earning enough cash to buy your own rig. You earn more money for the total miles traveled, but it’s not just as simple as pick up and delivery. You have to follow the map, obey the speed limit, make the right turns and keep the truck in good working order. For my first attempt I didn’t succeed in any of these. I got lost, I jack-knifed the truck more than once, I swerved into oncoming traffic more than a couple times, I know I cut off a few people and got several speeding tickets. But what I can say, it was my first time out.
That being said, it was still very entertaining to get behind the wheel and head out on the open road. The truck is very fun to drive, although a little complicated. The graphics are perfectly fine to make it a fun experience. And the truck is plenty complicated to drive and park to keep things interesting. My first outing didn’t go as planned, but I’ll be back for another go round really soon.
Other articles of interest:
- Let’s Take a Drive in Turbo Dismount
- Let’s Get Dirty in SpinTires!
- BeamNG Drive Comes to Steam
- Let’s Get Some Speed Going with the SpinTires Humvee in the Developers Edition
- Behind the wheel of a fast automobile – Grid Autosport
- Let’s Play Zombie Driver HD!
- SpinTires now available on Steam
- Time to get some road rash in Road Redemption
- Let’s Go For a Spin Around the Island in BeamNG Drive
- IMDisk Ram Drive and SteamTool Library Manager