Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies for iPad and Desktop
A few months ago Sid Meier and 2K Publishing brought Ace Patrol to the iPad and made a name for themselves with turn based aerial combat. It seemed like a strange gameplay style at the time, but the game was free to try and affordable to purchase the extended content.
And I did just that. I purchased all the campaigns and really enjoy this style of game. In an odd way it’s casual combat so you can take a few turns as time permits, put the game away and come right back to where you left off. The intrusions of modern life won’t interrupt your domination of the skies – it may simply put them on hold from time to time.
The success of Ace Patrol has lead to Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies. It’s not an expansion pack per se, but a completely new game with new planes, characters and a slew of new missions – 180 according to 2K.
Whereas Ace Patrol took place over the land and behind enemy lines, Pacific Skies takes us out to sea to defend the Navy and the coastline. The graphics and gameplay will be very familiar, but you have a whole new setting. And unlike the original Ace Patrol, Pacific Skies is a single purchase price of $4.99. Not a Freemium title and no in-app purchases. Hurray!!! A game that you buy once and play. I’m glad to see it!
The iPad version is available in iTunes and the Desktop version is available at Steam. I’ve played Ace Patrol on both systems and plenty of fun either way.
At $5 this is some high quality entertainment and it’s nice to see a quality game offered at a price everyone can afford.
Other articles of interest:
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol Bundle
- Flying High with Ace Patrol
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol on Sale at Steam
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol – Turn based aerial combat? Yes indeed, it does work.
- Sid Meier’s Pirates! Price Drop to $1.99
- Conquist – Risk style game for iPad on sale for $0.99
- Geared for iPad – Free (and worth it!)
- Let’s Golf 2 and Let’s Golf 2 HD on sale for $0.99!
- Conquist 2 on sale for $0.99
- Need for Speed – Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit?