Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol on Sale at Steam
I first played Ace Patrol on the iPad and found it to be a pretty neat little game. At the outset, the idea of a turn based dogfight game seemed a little odd, but it actually works out quite nicely.
The object of Ace Patrol is to defend the skies. You lead your squadron on missions where the ultimate goal is to shoot down the enemy. Each plane and pilot can earn new maneuvers like roll, slip, loop and others. You use all of these to sneak up behind or go head to head with other pilots. When you plot your moves correctly it’s quite satisfying. When you predict the wrong flight path, you’ll be slapping your head.
The iPad version is free to try out and you can buy the entire mission pack for $3.99 which is a pretty sweet deal. But not to be outdone, there is a PC version and it’s on sale at Steam for a mere $4.99. That’s marked down from $9.99.
I had a fair bit of fun with the free version and have debated purchasing all the content. Now, I’m more torn as to which platform I want. Then again, at less than $10, I can get both.
Other articles of interest:
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies for iPad and Desktop
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol – Turn based aerial combat? Yes indeed, it does work.
- Karateka drops to $0.99
- Dungeon Hunter HD and Gangstar West Coast Hustle HD for $0.99
- Electronic Arts Memorial Day Sale
- Massive Labor Day Sales in the iTunes App Store
- EA Busts Out With Another $0.99 Sale!
- Geared for iPad – Free (and worth it!)
- Another Big Electronic Arts Sale for the Weekend
- Pay What You Owe – Crime City Limited Time Event