We must pay homage to our Internet Overlords, Happy 15th Anniversary to Google
Today is the 15th Anniversary of Google coming into existence. They were incorporated on September 4th, 1998 and since then they have gone on to rule the web. It’s amusing to note their original website was so simplistic because they didn’t know HTML. How funny they now dictate how the web works and HTML code the web over.
It’s also amusing to note that Google has taken over while Altavista, Yahoo and many others have fallen to the way side. And yes that includes Bing.
But anyway, we rely on Google and that’s for damn sure. Who knows where we would be without them. And check out this production server, it’s pretty much off the shelf parts isn’t it? The main Google engine was running on some Pentium II’s. I remember those chips.
Other articles of interest:
- And that’s the end of Google Reader
- Write errors with Google XML Sitemap Generator and WordPress
- IRemoteDesktop, a nice RDP client
- The AMD FX-8350 4Ghz Black Edition
- This is maddening!
- Google is ready to drop support for Firefox 3.5, IE7 and Safari 3
- Microsoft and their stupid search ideas
- Choose Your Own Adventure is Alive and Well
- Day Two in the new tech world
- Say Hello to Pepino Grande!!