New Kickstarter Project – Vineyard Valley for iPad
I quite literally just read about this game. I like casual games. I like wine. I like making beer. I like building stuff. So this to me is a game that combines most of those elements together. And it looks pretty neat.
From the description, Vineyard Valley is a casual game that lets players grow grapes, build a winery, create special blends, interact with friends and share wines with others. The social aspect I’m sure appeals to others more than me, but I like the idea of the game. It sounds pretty intriguing.It combines elements of a Sim, a tycoon style game and even some elements of Winemaker Extraordinaire (which was a fun, but all too easy "Sim").
In Vineyard Valley, you start with your own patch of land to grow your business. Ripen grapes and fruit, then ferment them into numerous types of wine. Sell that wine in a shopping village you design and build – or sell them in barrels to other players for them to sell! This game combines the business sim elements we know and love – especially those from the classic business sims and tycoon games of the 90s – and introduces a strong multiplayer social aspect where you and your friends run businesses side by side. And we’re not talking Ville style – we’re talking true business sim style, only designed in a way that is more relaxing than running a real business.
This game is easily worth pledging a few dollars towards. I like the idea and I think once the base games along, there are dozens of ways it can be expanded.If you’ve got a couple of bucks to spare help bring a game to life. I think it could be neat to watch the development of this game as well.
Other articles of interest:
- Big Gold Sale for Crime City HD
- Scrabble HD Free from Electronic Arts – Wow, what a damn mess!
- Cover Orange 2 – Pirate Theme Orange Saving Mayhem. You knew it would come to this!
- Massive Labor Day Sales in the iTunes App Store
- Poker Pals – Good, but it could be better
- Full Deck Hold’Em By GRL Games–Free for the weekend
- Do you remember Mille Bornes?
- Crime City HD
- Will the iPad 5 be a step toward a gaming console?
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies for iPad and Desktop