Another UPS bites the dust

Well this is annoying. At 2am this morning I was awoken to the sound of beeping. It wasn’t the alarm, but instead a UPS crying out in distress. The massive red replace battery light was on and the enclosure was alerting every few seconds. Yet another UPS battery has died on me. This makes the third one.

So far I’ve lost two APC AV900 units and now the 750 has blown out. I bought new batteries for the AV900, at $50 a piece, but it didn’t make any difference, the units never powered up correctly and continually “popped” going back and forth between battery and main power.

I’ve taken a chance and ordered a replacement battery, but to be on the safe side I ordered 2 550VA units. I’ll split the load between the two of them. This unit was responsible for powering my machine AMD X4 machine and several of my external hard drives. That machine is out of commission for the time being and even with Amazon Prime, the UPS won’t be here until Tuesday. Who knows when the replacement battery will get here – probably not until the end of the week.

I hate losing UPS devices, it’s such a pain in the ass. Well, I’d rather lose a UPS than the actual machine that’s connected to it.

Other articles of interest:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Comments
  • Working with Dates and Date Formatting in Katalon Studio (14)
    • Don Pedro: That could be a little tricky. First, is the text/format always going to be the same? You will need to do some parsing. Separate the first but of text at 2019. After that, split the text again to get rid of Central Standard...
    • Don Pedro: It should be of the same Date type as today. You could then do some calendar trickery with Calendar /*Calendar c = Calendar.getInstance(); //c.set(Calendar.MONTH, 1) //Set the month, 0=January, 11=December println...
    • josh: I’m testing a page with a string like “Updated November 21, 2019 16:25:32 PM Central Standard Time.” How might I capture the date and time and compare it to current time to verify that the update time was within...
    • zakir hussain: today = new Date() lastWeek = (today – 1.week) can u please help me in understanding what is the return type of lastweek? and I wanted to set nextyear date how can i do it
    • ALLAN FORD: Useful !
    • Don Pedro: Not sure I understand what you are trying to do.
    • Don Pedro: formattedDate = mydate.format(“M/dd/yyy& #8221;)
  • Setting up Environment Profiles in Katalon Studio (2)
    • Don Pedro: Not quite sure I understand. The term “Execution Profile” is normally used now, but they are still GlobalVariables and are created in the same way for version 7 as previous. You make a new execution profile, then...
    • Aparna: Hello, Your documentation is excellent and has helped me understand many things. But this article above seems outdated and I need help in creating my own Global variables and all the documentation out there seems to be point to...
  • Here is my drive cluster (2)
    • Don Pedro: While I still have those drives, the drive cluster looks nothing like that now. Almost all of my external drives have had the cases removed and they have been installed into a series of MediaSonic 8 Bay Drive Enclosures. I...
    • Marin Boucher: Hi! Verry funny blog with “go to the point” on many post! I spent good time reading some of your post. Regarding this one about NAS, “many NAS” in fact, I would be curious to see a screenshot of...
  • How To Disable the Quicken Registration Prompt (27)
    • debra: didn’t work for me… my 2007 – which I am keeping on my older mac.
  • Adding entries to an open Excel spreadsheet during runtime (1)
    • IanG: Hi: Seems like nobody else has described (in detail) how Katalon can be configured to test an API by reading the first entry from a multi-row multi column XLSX spreadsheet, executing a test, writing the result to another column (or...
  • Output status messages and test information by writing to the Log File Viewer in Katalon Studio (4)
    • Don Pedro: That is correct. You will need to add KeywordUtil.markFailed to change the Failures count. Other commands in the library are: KeywordUtil.markPassed KeywordUtil.markFailed KeywordUtil.markError KeywordUtil.markWarning
    • Nadim: This is really helpful … the only problem when log.logFailed executed it doesn’t update the results Failures count … still show Failures: 0