AMD 8-Core 5Ghz
AMD has belted out a new series of chips, the 9000 series (FX-9590 to be specific), which will clock in at the 5Ghz mark. That is insanely quick, especially since this is an 8-Core processor.
I’ve got the FX 8350 4Ghz Black Edition and that’s a blazingly fast chipset on it’s own. This will best me handily. It’s hard to think of what you can do with all that speed and power. This certainly goes beyond a couple of games or encoding a couple of DVDs. That is some big league gear right there.
The chip is scheduled for a "late summer" release and who knows how much the damn thing will cost. No matter what, it’ll be thousands cheaper than the Intel equivalent.
I have no plans to upgrade, but I do have a buddy who’s looking to build a new machine. I wonder if I can talk him into making a build with this new chipset at the heart of the build.
Other articles of interest:
- Intel gets kicked in the nuts
- And then I brought home a mini gaming rig
- Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion??? WTF??
- It’s time for the Tour de France!
- Need for Speed Shift – $6.78 on Impulse
- Has Netflix sunk its own ship?
- Baby Gaming Rig gets Liquid Cooling and an 8-core brain
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is a long time in coming…
- The AMD FX-8350 4Ghz Black Edition
- Criterium Race