Karateka Classic for the iPad
After the success of Karateka (despite the issues I had with it) the Karateka Classic version hits the App Store. According to the article by Touch Arcade this is a direct port of the original code using an Apple IIGS Emulator. That means it’s the same game we all know and played and died in.
This was one of the first games I played for old Apple II and in monochrome color no less. I died many times over because I was in the wrong stance at the wrong time. And curse that damn bird! And I battled all this way to have the damsel in distress kick my ass because she thought I was one of the guards? Harsh lady, harsh.
But anyway, the original is back and it’s only 99 cents. This should make for some pretty good game play, even if you can get it done in just one life.
A side-scrolling karate classic from 1984! The first game by the creator of Prince of Persia, Karateka arrives on iOS with all the challenge and charm of the original Apple II experience. Fight as the lone hero to save the princess from the evil warlord Akuma. His relentless guards and pesky hawk will challenge your skill whether you remember the original, have played the remake, or are experiencing Karateka for the first time.
Other articles of interest:
- Karateka – The Remake is Here
- Karateka drops to $0.99
- Boggle for iPad – Electronic Arts Deal of the Day
- Gameloft has its own massive game sale
- Gameloft decides to have their own $0.99 sale!
- Is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit the best game of the year?
- Gameloft throws down it’s gauntlet of game for sale
- The Oregon Trail – iPad Edition
- Risk for iPad – $0.99 in EA Deal of the Day
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies for iPad and Desktop