Installing Flash Player for FireFox under Windows 8
Well this is a bit strange, I need to install Flash for Firefox, but Windows 8 seems to be against the idea. I go to the Adobe site, download the installer, run it, but get an error about the Metafile and then my download is actually deleted.
I download the installer again, Run as Administrator, the installer starts, but it’s deleted again and I still don’t have Flash installed.
If I go to IE10, Flash is playable. What the hell is going on here?
I’ll just add this to the ever growing list of things I don’t like about Windows 8. But, there is a way to get around this – download the full Flash install.
Instead of using the Stub Installer, I downloaded the Full Install and was able to get it to work.
Go here – http://www.filehorse.com/download-flashplayer-firefox/ and click the Download button. This is the Flash Player 11.7.700.169 (Non-IE) Flash Player 11.7.700.169 (Non-IE). I don’t know why I couldn’t get this off the Adobe site, but it wasn’t working out for me. This method seems to work correctly.
Now with Firefox 20 I can play videos off of YouTube again.
This is extremely odd and frustrating.
Other articles of interest:
- Putting Internet Download Manager through it’s paces
- Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons not visible in Firefox with WindowBlinds
- Issues with Norton Internet Security 2014 Toolbar and Firefox 27 Update
- Downloading Video Content with Freemake Video Downloader
- A Quick Look Around SlimBrowser and a Trip on the SlimBoat
- New version of Freemake Video Downloader brings back YouTube Playlist downloads
- Audials One 11 Special Edition License Key for Free
- SSD – Not for my OS, but for my frequently used programs
- Why Firefox? Why do you have to look like Chrome?
- Downloading Video and Audio Content from the Internet with Audials One