Just a week left to pledge support for Shroud of the Avatar
There’s just a week left in the Kickstarter fundraising for Shroud of the Avatar. If you haven’t pledged anything yet, scrape together a few bucks by rifling through the couch or skip that crazy expensive coffee for a day or two and give Lord British a couple of coins for the effort.
I’m incredibly excited over this project not only for the nostalgia of bringing back one of the greatest games ever made, but this is quite literally about watching a game get built from the ground up. Garriott is taking input from players so there will be forums to discuss it’s progress, alpha builds, tangible items like maps and manuals, we’ll get to see the art and story develop over time, we’ll get to watch the system develop and have an impact on it’s mechanics as well as go along for the ride on what could be "the next big thing".
Garriott has huge plans for this game so watching it come to fruition will be an adventure of it’s own. I’ve put in a few dollars, enough to get a bit of swag out of the deal. There are plenty of levels to choose from if you’re looking to get something out of the deal, besides the game.
I can’t wait for this project to get started.
Other articles of interest:
- Watching Shroud of the Avatar take shape
- The 24 hour lockin continues and Shroud of the Avatar passes the $1.8M pledge mark!
- New Stretch Goals Revealed for Shroud of the Avatar
- Tune in for the 24 hour lockdown with the Lord British and the Shroud of the Avatar Devs
- More levels and more items for the last few hours of the SotA pledge drive
- A Question of Virtue
- Last decade’s nerd is today’s mainstream gamer
- What’s the point of Pets in games like Shroud of the Avatar?
- The Pledge Drive is over and $2 million has been crushed!
- The final hour is at hand, Shroud of the Avatar Live Stream