A Question of Virtue
I thought was an interesting video where Richard Garriott relates how he approaches the Virtues from Ultima. It’s not simply a matter of right and wrong, but varying degrees of right and wrong, good and bad. In this little snippet, Richard relays a tale of Olive Oil trying to cross a river to see Popeye and how she deals with the obstacles that are put in her way. In this story everyone makes a mistake and there is bad judgment all around, but in overall scheme who is worse? Is it worse to break a promise rather than not helping a friend? Is it worse to take advantage of someone when there is no reason?
Other articles of interest:
- Download YouTube Videos as MP4 and FLV
- The Pledge Drive is over and $2 million has been crushed!
- Last decade’s nerd is today’s mainstream gamer
- Watching Shroud of the Avatar take shape
- New Stretch Goals Revealed for Shroud of the Avatar
- Will IE9 signal the death of IE6?
- The 24 hour lockin continues and Shroud of the Avatar passes the $1.8M pledge mark!
- Just a week left to pledge support for Shroud of the Avatar
- Deception Point
- Time to cool the engines – Liquid Cooling for my CPU