And that’s the end of Google Reader
This comes as a bit of surprise to me. I’m not a huge fan or heavy user of Google Reader, but I do have a couple of heavy article sites listed in there. Considering it’s a free service we don’t have any really reason to complain. I’m sure Google Reader tracks a tremendous amount of junk that people don’t actually read. If that stuff lingers around, who knows how much hard drive space they need to hold all that.
But it’s still a bummer. I like knowing my articles are getting collecting even when I’m not sitting in front of the machine. Oh well, plenty of alternatives out there. I’ll stick with Feedreader and if I miss an article here or there then so be it.
I don’t agree this falls into the Evil category as many say. I didn’t pay anything so I can’t complain too much. And one less way for Google to track my interests.
Other articles of interest:
- We must pay homage to our Internet Overlords, Happy 15th Anniversary to Google
- Write errors with Google XML Sitemap Generator and WordPress
- Is the iPad a PC?
- Creepy Google Guy
- A Clean Slate
- Google Doodle – Grace Hopper
- The iPad is an excellent reader
- Massive updates and time for a few security measures
- Getting a handle on all those files
- 200,000 Android’s a day?