Scrabble HD Free from Electronic Arts – Wow, what a damn mess!
In order to try and capitalize on the Words with Friends phenomenon, Electronic Arts has released Scrabble HD Free that allows you to compete against friends across the network using Game Center and Facebook. What seems like a neat idea comes across an Ad ridden annoying mess. The ads across the bottom of the screen and ads after your turn make this came incredibly frustrating. Quite frankly it’s stupid.
EA would have been better off charging $1.99 or $0.99 and letting people play the game without these in your face hindrances. It took less than 5 minutes to decide this game wasn’t worth keeping and remove it from the iPad. EA needs to go back to writing games that people want to play and charge a fair price for them rather than this "free to play" concept which is driving me nuts. Let me pay for a game and don’t nag me about it anymore. Don’t charge me for bundle packs or power ups or special cars, decks, balls, characters, clothes, colors, fields, locations… Just stop it.
And if you read between the lines, the great franchise that is Real Racing may be ruined by the same "free to play" that has ruined so many game.
But Scrabble HD Free isn’t worth playing. You are far better off getting the real deal of Words with Friends and playing a game that doesn’t suck.
Other articles of interest:
- I don’t want Free Apps, I want to pay for them
- Big Win Football turned into a Big Lose
- I’ve hit the wall in Gears and Guts
- Poker Pals – Good, but it could be better
- Full Deck Hold’Em By GRL Games–Free for the weekend
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol – Turn based aerial combat? Yes indeed, it does work.
- Dead Man’s Draw Free for a Limited Time
- Cover Orange – Am I Really Saving Oranges?
- Apple will charge for the iOS4 update for the iPad?
- EA is making a royal mess of things