Out of 64GB, Surface lets you use 23GB
Out of the 64GB storage space available in the Surface only 23GB will be available for use. The OS, Recovery Partition and installed apps will steal 41GB of space. Holy hell, this thing is supposed to be optimized for tablets? This is the stripped down version of Windows 8? My ass!!
The Pro version is just as bad, with 45GB going to the OS and apps. This is worse than a pre-configured PC. What part of a 40+GB OS is portable?
Other articles of interest:
- Surface Pro will fall flat on it’s face Feb 9th
- Isn’t it Microsoft who’s playing catch up?
- Are these the signs that Microsoft is struggling?
- Surface Sales may take off… Someday… Maybe…
- Let me gaze upon the Microsoft Surface
- Samsung Loses Interest in Windows RT Tablets
- A week with Windows 8
- A forced upgrade to Windows 8
- You may get Windows 10 whether you like it or not
- To Pagefile or Not to Pagefile, That Is The Question