Karateka – Boot to the head!!
First off, the game looks quite nice and the sound is pretty neat. However, I’ve run into a couple of problems so far. First, the game wouldn’t start. I had to shut down the iPad completely, not just kill the game and let it reboot. I don’t remember the last time I had to actually turn the iPad off. Unimpressed.
Second glitch came at the palace after defeating my opponent.The scene changes to a long shot of the monk with the lanterns overhead. All he does is stand there and bow. He won’t move forward. You have to kill the game and restart in order to keep moving forward. Seriously, no one saw this glitch during the QA gameplay?
(Thanks to kgelner in the TouchArcade Forums for the solution – http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=171132&page=6)
Overall, pretty cool, but some issues need to be worked out. Hopefully a new update will be coming soon. But then again, by the time that happens, the game will be completed.
LAME!!! – Stupid game crashed on the final fight on the final hit! What should have been victory is now a restart of the whole fight. Come on….
This has happened twice now. Putting this game away, it’s embarrassing.
Seriously, where is the QA and testing of this game. These are BLATANT issues that should have been caught before this game was released.
Other articles of interest:
- The iPad 2 and massive game sales
- New Limited Time Building – Killer Condos Upgrade Cost and Payout
- Looks like Crime City tore itself apart and went into maintenance mode
- Looks like Apple fixed the battery drain with iOS5 update
- Karateka Classic for the iPad
- Red Light District Romp – Crime City
- Does anyone else have trouble with VLC for the iPad?
- Blood & Honor – Free for today
- Shoot to Kill HD – Also free for today
- Way to cock up Yahtzee for the iPad