Here comes the iPad Mini
Apple unveiled the new iPad and I have to say, I have mixed feelings. It looks pretty neat, but I’m not entirely sure I understand the point. I haven’t seen one in person obviously, but the form factor looks better than the Kindle Fire. That thing is too damn heavy for it’s size and is awkward to hold for extended periods. Is the iPad Mini something I need? It looks like a direct competitor to the Fire so I can’t say I would really use it. It might not be a bad idea to have that at my side instead of the iPad 3 to save some space. If it plays all the same iPad games, it could make for an interesting game console.
When they first mentioned the iPad, the Mini is what I actually envisioned. I thought it would be a just a larger version of the Touch. I had expected the Mini to come first, the full blown iPad with it’s much larger screen. I guess the Mini is a direct response to the Fire.
The device looks nice, but I was hoping for a slightly lower price point.
Other articles of interest:
- Seriously, what in the hell is Apple thinking?
- The iPad Mini, To Buy or Not To Buy
- I’m not sure I see the point of an iPad mini
- Will the iPad 5 be a step toward a gaming console?
- iPad as a game console? Indeed.
- No problems in selling out the iPad Mini
- Amazon Kindle Fire – Tablet prices come tumbling down!
- Apple event not all that exciting
- The Kindle Fire, long use review
- Upgraded to the full version of iRemoteDesktop