A few minutes with Artisteer 4.x
Spent some time with Artisteer. There are some parts I like, and others I really don’t. I don’t like that it doesn’t start out with a standard blog layout. It also tries to make it look like a magazine with columns and blocks and the text flowing in all manner of chaotic ways. I just want the standard look and feel of a blog. I like the way it used to look and these new ones are a little too flat for my liking. I’m sure it can all be changed and tinkered with, it will just take time.
I don’t like this idea of jamming as much text onto the page as possible and turning the page into a treasure hunt as you try to find the next block of text. It might be good for SEO, but it makes for a damn hard read. I will update my sites using 3.x and then tinker with 4.x as we progress. I’m sure it’s cool as hell, but it might be way beyond what I need for a simple blog. I’m sure once I get used to it again, it will be cool.
Other articles of interest:
- Reading Text from a Disabled Input Field in Katalon Studio
- Does Peerblock still have a use?
- How to Password Protect Part of a WordPress Post
- Checking for Page Load with a Custom Keyword
- Parsing Strings in Katalon – Split, Substring and Readlines
- How to Block games by Title and Tag on Steam
- Making WordPress Themes with Artisteer
- Katalon Studio – Creating Objects
- Artisteer as a Web Development Tool
- I’ve bought a ton during this Ashampoo promotion