I’m a big fan of train games. I’ve had a great time playing Sid Meier’s Railroads. I’ve gotten on board with Railworks 2 and 3. And I’ve had my time behind in the wheel in Trainz. And now there is Railroad Story which works a lot like Sid Meier’s Railroads.
The game play is simple. You’re given a vast area and some cash. The goal is to connect the towns and shuttle cargo between the two. You need to get the right train to the right destination as quickly as possible while avoiding collisions and having one train slow down another. Meanwhile, you need to keep the tracks in good order and repair them over time.
It’s simple and a lot of fun. Build the lines the way you like and then sit back to play conductor and move the trains to the right place. You can play for 5 minutes or several hours. I really like this type of game and hope this develops into something similar to Railroads. For right now you have missions you need to complete. I’d love to see a free play mode where you get multiple cities and work to connect the lines. There is a hell of a lot of potential in this game and I snagged it for $0.99. The cost has jumped up a little, but the game is still a good deal and as they say, developers gotta eat.
You could also use Appshopper to track the next sale.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Other articles of interest:
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies for iPad and Desktop
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol – Turn based aerial combat? Yes indeed, it does work.
- Geared for iPad – Free!
- Mahjong Artifacts HD – Free
- Big Sales for the Labor Day Weekend
- Scrabble HD Free from Electronic Arts – Wow, what a damn mess!
- Ticket to Ride on sale for $1.99
- Nice bargains over the weekend
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit gets Racer Career Mode
- Crime City HD