XYplorer Lifetime License Pro
This is a must have for Windows and is the type of File Explorer that should be included in Windows by default. I bought XYplorer the last time it went on sale at BitsDuJour and I’ve been using it everyday on multiple machines ever since. You get multiple tabs, a better copy and paste than standard file explorer (although I use TeraCopy), file renaming, image viewer, preview pane, search, hotkeys, scripts, shortcuts and a ton of other features. Plus, it’s updated on a regular basis with new features coming all the time. And this is the Lifetime License, so once you buy it, you’re set for all future versions of the program. Further, you can install it on all your machines without having to buy additional licenses. It’s a great piece of software and I highly encourage you to get a copy.
When you really think about it, file management in Windows hasn’t really changed all that much since the olden days of Windows 3.1. But the way that we use our computers, coupled with the explosion in the number of files that we now store, has made dealing with file management an onerous, almost painful task! Thank goodness XYplorer is here to inject some balance, order, and fun to file management!
XYplorer is the last file manager you’ll ever need to install! With XYplorer, you get multiple tabs to jump quickly between folders, a powerful search function, a preview feature that should have been part of Windows years ago, and a highly customizable and intuitive interface. Even better, XYplorer offers this to you in a very fast, very light application that doesn’t require any installation or make any system or registry changes. Intrigued? Read on.
If you’re a fan of tabbed browsing, you already know how to work the tabs in XYplorer! Click between folders, rename them, reposition them, and drag and drop files onto them — a whole lot easier than using Windows Explorer, that’s for sure. You can even create a tab dedicated to a search filter! The Dual Pane makes it easy to move and copy stuff between folders, plus there’s Manual Sorting to enable you to view files exactly as you like. And when you quit XYplorer and come back later, your tab configurations are there waiting for you!
Combine this extraordinary functionality with intuitive Tree, List, and Mini-Tree views, and you’re all set with XYplorer. The Mini-Tree contains a history of files and folders that you’ve actually used, so it’s easy to jump to something you’ve been working on. Ever wanted to create a magic button to launch files in your app of choice? Custom Toolbar buttons makes that happen! You can color code your files, tag files, highlight and bold favorite folders, or use the Catalog function to combine folders and items from all over your hard drive, LAN, and the Internet under a single heading. There’s even support for file names longer than 260 characters, an impossibility in Windows! Plus, aliases make typing long directory structures into the address bar a thing of the past!
The robust features just keep on coming with XYplorer! Imagine one-click previews of any of your media files, plus multiple (up to 100) level undo/redo for your file operations that persists from session to session. An advanced Recycle Bin that leaves your default Windows Bin in the dust! You can even enable queuing in XYplorer and stack file operation jobs without even waiting for the first few to finish, then continue working as your jobs complete in the background!
XYplorer also offers Select Special, which lets you modify selections in one pane based on items in the other pane, synchronous scrolling and sorting of both panes, the ability to bring back accidentally erased selections, item name editing, and a quick way to bump selected files up in the folder hierarchy!
ATTENTION PHOTOGRAPHERS!!! The new version of XYplorer includes a powerful new Floating Preview feature. Essentially a new preview pane separate from the main window, Floating Preview supports Mouse Down Blow Up and the transparency grid for transparent images. It’s one of the features customers have requested most! But that’s only the beginning, here’s a sampling of what else is new in XYplorer v11.50:
- Highlighted Groups: This new, revolutionary display style highlights groups of files depending on the sorted column.
- Replace with File in Clipboard: An optional context menu command to replace the contents of the selected file with the contents of the file currently in the clipboard.
- Color Filters by Properties: Color-code files by their extended properties, allowing a vast number of options.
- Captionless Thumbnails: Now you can hide the captions and enjoy captionless thumbnails.
- Quick Name Search: A minimalist interface to finding files. Combines ultimate power with ultimate ease.
- Tags Tab: XYplorer lets you assign tags (labels, tags, and comments) to individual files and folders. The Tags Tab provides a new interface to adding, editing, and viewing the tags.
- Copy Here with Path: A copy command that offers you smart choices regarding the target location. Makes it very easy to mirror copy individual items from/to deeply nested locations.
- and much, much more!
Other articles of interest:
- XYplorer Lifetime License Pro on Sale at BitsDuJour
- XYplorer Lifetime License Pro on Sale at BitsDuJour
- XYplorer Lifetime License Pro–50% discount
- A deeper look at PathFinder
- Massive System Cleanup with Path Finder and Some Help From Default Folder X
- A massive undertaking to organize my files
- Index Your Files is Refreshingly Good
- Getting a handle on all those files
- Copy files faster with TeraCopy
- Adding Skim to the Efficiency Toolbelt