My machine has soiled it pantaloons
Ok, this is ridiculous. My Windows 7 machine has completely crapped itself and it seems hundreds of people have run into this problem. It boots just fine, but when it gets to the login screen, it goes black and there is no way to log in. You can see the cursor and move it around, but there is no way to get to a desktop. There is no way to get past it or get into the machine from Safe Mode.
I’m not entirely sure how to fix this. Like I said, dozens of people have written about this and the solutions range from reformatting, to swapping out DLL’s, to disconnecting USB drives, to virus problems. Great, this should be fun to fix.
Other articles of interest:
- Adding more drives with an External PCI-e 4 Port Card
- My machine is riddled with too many files! Who put all this junk in here?
- Windows immediately comes out of sleep mode
- Windows 8, you scare me
- Anyone have experience with this new product called DimmDrive?
- Humanity falls victim to my Nano-Virus in Plague Inc
- Salvation from Viruses, Rootkits, Malware and Spyware. How to protect yourself.
- Cloning my machine with True Image 2013
- Teracopy Pro – 50% Off at BitsDuJour
- The catastrophic failure of my download machine