Turning the tide on the spam bots
I was finally able to turn the tide on the spam bots that have been out to get me. Akismet has kept them at bay for the most part, but they’re still wreaking havoc on the back end by clogging up the database with useless crap and causing dozens of moderation emails to be sent out.
I finally got the Math Comment Spam plugin back in place and working which has all but killed off the problem. There seems to be some compatibility issues, but after a whole lot of messing around I finally got it to work again. Unfortunately, I don’t remember a damn thing about what I did.
At least I think it works…
Other articles of interest:
- Write errors with Google XML Sitemap Generator and WordPress
- Problems with WordPress 3.1 on IIS – Redirect Loop
- CloneDVD Mobile hangs or closes after selecting a disc
- The WordPress.com Desktop App
- I’ve reached my limit with Windows 7
- A Reprieve
- What happened to Firefox 4?
- How to Password Protect Part of a WordPress Post
- I thought it would be easy
- Death to the Zune