I found a new Poker game
I’m a big fan of computer poker and when I got my iPod Touch Apple’s Texas Hold ‘Em game was one of the first games I bought. And it’s pretty good to. The graphics are good and so are the controls, but for some reason they never updated the game for the iPad. That’s a damn shame too, I would have upgraded no problem.
However, I have found a nice alternative, Texas Hold’em for iPad By Arawella Corporation. It has a lot of the same features, nice graphics and easy controls. One thing that bugs me about the other games is the betting. Many apps limit how that works and set all sorts of limits. That’s no fun. This game uses the same spinner that Apple uses. Another thing that bugs me is that most games want you to play multiplayer all the time. I don’t want to do that. I just want to hang out and play on my own. I don’t want to spend money buying chips, finding other players and all the other silly things the other apps offer.
Texas Hold’em does have in-app purchases, which I shy away from like a Thai Bath House, but at least the devs aren’t dependent on ripping off customers. If you want to advance like a fiend you can. If you just want to play the game you can. I like that.
If you’re looking for a decent poker game this is one to check out. I tried dozens and they all suck in their own special way. So far, this one is impressive.
Other articles of interest:
- Dead Man’s Draw by Stardock – Finally, a card game that isn’t poker
- Just spent a few minutes with the iPad
- The iPad 2 and massive game sales
- The Great iPad Purge
- Conquist – Risk style game for iPad on sale for $0.99
- EA is making a royal mess of things
- Full Deck Hold’Em By GRL Games–Free for the weekend
- Ultima Forever–Quest for the Avatar
- iPad as a game console? Indeed.
- Is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit the best game of the year?