The Oregon Trail – iPad Edition
It’s the Oregon Trail, but this time scaled up for the iPad! And only $0.99 too! This is something Gomeloft should have done, oh I don’t know, a year ago. Truthfully, they should have just made the original one a Universal app. But then I guess they wouldn’t be able to shake down all the iPad owners for another dollar. Anyway, at least it’s available now and at a reasonable price.
Embark on Gameloft’s refreshing revisit of the classic game you used to play on Apple II now.
The press already love it. You’ll love it too.
**IGN Editors’ Choice Award: “The Oregon Trail is a fantastic re-imagining of the original educational game.”
**Pocket Gamer’s Gold Award: “The Oregon Trail exudes a level of quality in its design and presentation.”
**The mobile game was named Best Casual Mobile Game at Spike TV’s Video Game Awards
Westward, Ho! Your favorite pioneering adventure game is back and takes you to an exciting, historical side-scrolling adventure entirely retooled to fit the touch experience on your iPad.
– All of the decision-making and problem-solving fun of the original game.
– 8 skill-based mini-games: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraph, berry picking, and gold panning.
– Prepare for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase supplies.
– Overcome random events (disease, bandits, weather, etc.) and make your travels easier with various items to purchase, barter and create.
– Earn extra coins and equipment with side missions and buildings to rent in towns.
Other articles of interest:
- The iPad 2 and massive game sales
- Gameloft Memorial Day Sale
- All BigFish Games for the iPad on sale for $0.99
- Is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit the best game of the year?
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies for iPad and Desktop
- Guns’n’Glory for iPad and iPhone – Free for today
- Conquist 2 on sale for $0.99
- 1000 Bornes® HD or Mille Bornes® – $0.99
- Gameloft Father’s Day Sale
- EA is making a royal mess of things