Pepino is sporting Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
The first step to enlightenment is to get Windows Server up and running, and honestly it took less than 10 minutes. The install was over before I realized. If nothing else, Microsoft has built a kickass installation routine into the new versions of Windows.
I now have the 180-day eval copy installed into Virtualbox. I’d love to have the real version to work with, but 180 days should be plenty for me to get my bearings. And if not, well, I have the thrill and excitement of starting over. But, it anyone wants to contribute to my Windows Server 2008 DVD fund I’m more than willing to accept donations.
Next up, Exchange 2010… cue the dramatic music.
Other articles of interest:
- IRemoteDesktop, a nice RDP client
- Windows Doesn’t Like to Share
- It’s so big!
- This is maddening!
- And then there was a catastrophic hard drive failure
- The AMD FX-8350 4Ghz Black Edition
- Say Hello to Pepino Grande!!
- A Year of Windows 7
- People will stick with XP until the bitter end
- AllMyNotes Organizer v3 for $9.97