Defender of the Crown – iOS Universal – $2.99
If you don’t remember Defender of the Crown then you don’t know gaming. Not only is this an Amiga classic, but a gaming classic overall. The graphics and gameplay were ahead of their time and gave the game a look you didn’t see anywhere else. Sadly, the Amiga didn’t last, not in the States anyway, but the game does live on and you grab it for the extremely low price of $2.99.
I think this is going to be one hell of a game! And considering this is running in an emulator, I can’t wait to see where this takes us!
Defender of the Crown – Emulated Amiga Version
Brought to you by Cinemaware® in association with Manomio
The Age of Chivalry!
A time of lusty wenches and black hearted villains. King Richard has been murdered and England is thrown into civil war! Amidst the ringing clash of steel and the thunder of charging steeds the bold Saxon knights have chosen you to lead them into battle against the hated Normans. Victory will not come easy. To save England your skills as swordsman and military leader will be severely tested. But should you succeed you’ll win the Crown of England and the love of many a beautiful damsel!
• 100% accurate emulation allows you to play the classic Defender of the Crown in its original glory!
• Heart pounding action as you rescue your lady from a foul Norman prison.
• Majestic tournaments where you joust for fame, fortune and land.
• Heroic battles featuring castle shattering giant catapults!
• A unique blend of role playing and strategy combined with dazzling arcade style sequences.
• Easy-to-use controls. No typing required!
Other articles of interest:
- Karateka Classic for the iPad
- Spring Loaded Knife – 20 Crown Jewels in the Royal Safe Event – Crime City
- Decoy Double Decker – 15 Crown Jewels in the Royal Safe Event – Crime City
- The Royal Safe Event in Crime City
- The 10th Crown Jewel Comes My Way in Royal Safe Event – Crime City
- The Oregon Trail – iPad Edition
- Is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit the best game of the year?
- Do you remember Mille Bornes?
- New Kickstarter Project – Vineyard Valley for iPad
- What happened to the Lite version of games?