Day 4 and my laptop scares me
Ok, I had my fit. I had my bad moment. I’ve come to accept my fate. I sat with a few guys and saw how they do a few things. I had a soda and a cold towel wrapped around my head and feel a little better now. Bloody hell I have a lot to learn. There is so much email and so many cases coming in it looks like the floor of the stock exchange. I can’t make head nor tails about what’s going on. I’m not sure this amount of email is safe.
If I can just make it to tomorrow I’ll have completed my first week at work without crying or sitting in the corner rocking back and forth. Hey, that’s an accomplishment. You trying understanding this stuff.
And this whole thing of working from a laptop and not having a workstation is a little weird to me. I’m used to having a big machine with noisy fans and flashing hard drive lights. I’m used to lots of ram to run all these overinflated and needlessly bloated apps. This laptop is from the dark ages and has 3GB of ram in it. This is just weird.
Other articles of interest:
- 8TB and counting
- Switching from Windows to Mac OS – The Hardware
- The new Ubuntu 13.04 available for download
- Ubuntu in Virtualbox
- Massive updates and time for a few security measures
- ZOMG!! 8 Core Tablet from Samsung?
- Building up 4.5TB of storage
- I’ve got junk all over the place!
- Time to move into the laptop
- Dell wants to be their own company again