EA brings down the thunder with Origin
Electronic Arts is launching their own online game delivery service. Origin will allow players to the entire catalog of EA games which means you can play basketball and football until you’re blue in the face. I guess you could play Need for Speed for awhile too. Do they have any other games? I mean they bought up every game developer on the planet awhile back I thought they had 10,000 titles in their stable.
And for the mobile gamer you can get Scrabble!
Interestingly, EA lists multiple games on Steam, I wonder if this means they’ll be pulling their titles and making them exclusive to their own site?
Bit of a David and Goliath story here isn’t it? Partnerships people, partnerships…
Other articles of interest:
- End of Summer Monster Game
- What’s the point of the Xbox One or Playstation 4?
- A closer look at DimmDrive on Steam
- Nvidia Shadowplay vs. Beepa Fraps
- Hardcore gamers will buy Kinect?
- I DETEST Freemium Titles.
- Choose Your Own Adventure is Alive and Well
- Electronic Arts Sale Event
- Need for Speed – Hot Pursuit 50% off
- EA to Acquire PopCap for $750 Million or more