4.7 million downloads for Firefox 4
IE9 had 2.35 million downloads in it’s first day which is impressive. However, Firefox 4 is now out there and it has doubled the amount of downloads to over 4.7 million in a 24 hour period. I just checked the GetFireFox website and they claim 6,429,944 downloads so far. I of course will have to add my own to that list since I’m downloading the new version right now. I’ve heard both good and bad about this new release so we’ll see how it stacks up to version 3.0.
People seem to like IE9, but it seems more people like Firefox. 🙂
A couple things to note if you plan to upgrade:
DisplayFusion will need an upgrade to a beta version to fix issues with Firefox 4.
WindowBlinds will need to be updated to 7.2 in order to fix compatibility issues as well.
The Norton Toolbars are not compatible with Firefox and new versions are currently not available.
Roboform will need to update it’s toolbar in order to be compatible.
OrbitDownload and FreeDownloadManager do not currently support Firefox 4.
And this is just what I’ve noticed based on the software I have installed. As always, check your plugin software and extensions before making the leap.
Other articles of interest:
- 2.35 million IE9 downloads
- Over 9 Million Downloads for Firefox 4
- What happened to Firefox 4?
- Firefox 20? What the devil?
- Internet Explorer 9 – New and Improved, but still slow
- Who still cares about Internet Explorer?
- Transparency issues with FireFox, Personas, Roboform and FoxTab
- Google is ready to drop support for Firefox 3.5, IE7 and Safari 3
- How to get rid of IE6, the easy way
- Get the Funk Out!